Number of hits

Monday 19 September 2011

Comeback

My good people of naija…..wait, I actually have readers from the Americas and Europe (I no do am o, na Baba Godey)
Its amazing how I always thought that writing was so easy and so……easy and so………….easy, well yea, u get my sarcasm, I’ve not being able to write and it has been quite………ahhh, I missed you guys joor.

Sweeties, Industrial training is over and…..my, are there stories to tell………I might even start a series, ‘adventures of the good naija gurl’ or something.

On the academic side I never knew how uninformed I was…..thank God for I.T oh, did you know how powerful pressure can be? Did you know also that on an offshore rig, in the late afternoons, it’s a usual sight to spot shark circles? Did you also know that offshore there’s absolutely no network coverage, like nada……..forget all that ‘NTM’ adverts, service no dey everywhere oh, did you also know that………oh sorry, I know that’s not what you expected to read abi……

Now to the side you want to hear, hmmn, look at their eyes and ears…… For starters, port-harcourt men are ………I don’t even know the word to use for them, do they think ‘marriage’ is every girls’ magic word? They were just annoying at a point, there was E, D, F, Er, B………no no no, they bugged my life……might really start a series you know. For this post let me drop one.
I’ve always hated players, like really hated them…….o.k, actually I always had serious crushes on them and it was just heart breaking when I knew they were players……you know………

Well, that was lil naïve me, grown and wiser me……I aint gat time falling for players………ahhha, who am I kidding? Sha, you see now, the tables have turned and……….I hate to say it, but, I’m the player now!!!
But before you kill me, I’m a good one, like the ‘good player’, like the girl, sent by karma to play the players……… c’mon don’t look at me like that, y’all believed Robin Hood was a ‘good thief’ and that harry potter and friends were ‘good wizards’, so till then, I’m a good player shikena! But seriously I’m a good player (ok I’ve hammered that enough), I’m sure some of y’all who know me personally will laugh your heads off at me calling myself a player. 

In telling my story, I will change stuff, like names, location and stuff, but the story is real sha.
You know I left my first placement for a new one, remember when I had to tell that ridiculous lie, well, I moved and the new place and it was sooooo much fun, new people, much to learn, all the training and experience, oh yea and all the attention, yea, I was the only female in the department!.......yesso, so you can imagine the fun and favours I got, well, In the beginning, I was the shy but hard-working fair gal, then, I started showing the fun side of moi, and phone numbers were exchanged and I got to find out that a good number of my collegues also stayed around me, so I had couple of free rides, arrive at work with Mr Wa, went for lunch with Mr Zo and back home with Mr Bia……….wait oh, when I say fun side, I don’t mean what y’all are thinking oh……..and I don’t know what y’all think I’m thinking you are thinking………..(confused face), it just feels like you are thinking up things that never happened joor!

While all these happened, I had someone on my mind, my special one, so I wasn’t at all interested sha, so somewhere along the line, I met  J, everyone at work warned me about him, but like I said, I always found myself attracted to men with ‘player’ in their social “CV”, and he also stayed close by, so we became friends, and contrary to what people told me, he was a nice guy……duh, they all are at first, but anyways, before I could say hey, I.T was over and I had to go, and boy was I glad, cos he was really interested, but me, I could see right through him, he wanted to use me, but……karma, she’s good
…………………..to be continued
Yours……..ever commited,
A.D

No comments:

Post a Comment